Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Mothers

Why is it that the ONE person in the world that can make me doubt everything about myself is my mother? I was answering a question she had about TTC/PCOS and it turned into a bit of a rant about why I wished my Doctor would have mentioned PCOS to me at 15 when I was put on BCP for cysts and irregular cycles. I also had dark facial hair and was a bit overweight, especially in the belly BTW.

I won't go into all the details, but my Mother apparently thinks that I would not have take anything the doctor said into consideration no matter what happened.

Now, I disagree. I think that at 15 it would have been nice to know that the facial hair I had and the abnormally long and dark arm hair were because of a horomonal imbalance. Because seriously, I was teased because of those things. Not that the teasing would have stopped, but at least I would have been able to make the person teasing me feel a little bit bad. Or at least make myself feel better.

And maybe I wouldn't have cared or listened to anything the doctor said, but ya know- as my mother, she should be a little angry that this wasn't presented before as well. And I know the reasons it wasn't, but I wish my doctor would have at least mentioned it as a possibility to keep in mind in the future.

All in all, my mom has been great through the whole process of TTC. She had a very hard time getting PG with me and only did after an HSG. In fact, for the first six months of TTC, she kept telling me to get the "dye test" because she is convinced that's why she got PG.

After about the 8th time of explaining to her that it didn't matter if my tubes were open if I wasn't ovulating, she finally shut up LOL.

And maybe I'm just a little sensitive right now, but I'm frustrated. :(

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your mom is making you feel sensitive. My mom can do the same thing. I think they are just trying to help but have trouble going about it the way that makes us feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm sorry too! My mom often says she just doesn't know what to say, but then I tell her that's great, I really DON'T want you to say anything! :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our moms just don't get it sometimes. I too wish that my doc would have pursued the pCOS issue when I was about the same age. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete