Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A few updates

I have a few random thoughts that really don't make a coherent post... so here we go.

First of all, I will be getting baptized for the first time on Sunday. It came up rather quickly and my husband and I will be doing it together. I have appreciated the comments about faith. I have been doing a bit better, and I think the new doctor has helped me feel better about the entire situation and move forward. I am still not in a great place, but God has showed me quite a few lessons in the last few days, and I think this baptism will truly be a renewal for me. Pray for me as I deal with my emotions on the situation this week.

I threw out the Paleolithic diet after starting the Metformin. I hate it- the Met that is. It made me so sick and a friend of mine informed me that following the GI diet helped to ease the side effects from the Met. Shortly after DH became sick of the Paleo diet and decided to stand with me on the GI diet. So I've ordered a book from Amazon and am learning as much as I can online for now. If anyone has any advice or good links I would appreciate it!

As I mentioned, I was having problems with the Metformin. Without going into too much detail I will just say that I didn't eat much of anything on Saturday because my stomach was so unsettled. And I spent plenty of time in the restroom.
I sought out advice from a few friends who have been through this and learned a few tricks. As of today I haven't had any side effects! I'm going to increase my dosage tomorrow in hopes that my body has adapted, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I am really hoping that the Met works, because if I have to go through this for nothing, I won't be happy LOL.

6 comments:

  1. Hello, I came over from LFCA...I am just starting to try for our third pregnancy. We have two angels in heaven. Having PCOS certainly has not made the process easy. *hugs* I wanted to came and say hi to a fellow PCOSer.

    Oh Metformin...has been a godsend for me....my cycles used to be 40+ days. Now, on a good month I have a 32 day cycle, but sometimes still 37 and most often when measuring, ovulating. Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the baptism! That is very exciting!

    P.s. I wish we did have the same cousin. Then we could shake her together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to IF blogging! Sorry you're having a rough time with metroform, but it sounds like you have a good doctor in your corner now.

    The infertility journey is definitely closely linked to my faith journey. God is with you and will be faithful!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go slow on increasing your met doses. I always waited an entire week before adding another pill. I am also on met extended release. That has less side effects than regular met. I also found that when I was getting used to the met I had to eat every few hours and enough calories to feel ok. Not a great time to start a diet. However, now that I'm used to the highest amount I am able to regulate my blood sugar more and could tolerate a diet. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, congrats on gettinig Baptized this Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took myself off Met once I reached 1500mg and was either throwing up or having diarrhea 26 hours a day. I started taking natural supplements - Chromium Picolinate and Cinnamon. I also started exercising.
    Worked like a charm! By doing those things, my insulin went down to a normal range and now I'm no longer insulin resistance. :)
    NEVER EVER again with the Metformin!

    ReplyDelete