Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

A cup, a gallbladder, and a referral

In no particular order ;)

DH had his SA today and I had to visit my PCP for a referral to the RE. I also needed to talk to her about my horrible heartburn in the last six months. It's gotten out of hand to the point that I can only eat bland foods or I am in pain all day.

We had to go to the hospital lab for the SA and it wasn't at all what I was expecting. After being sent to two different places, and getting lost trying to get to the lab from the first office, DH was ushered into a small procedure room. Since this room is used for more blood draws than anything else, there wasn't any "material".
The whole thing was very awkward and just.... clinical I guess. I don't know what I was expecting...

I had to hurry to get to my PCP, which was about 30 minutes from the hospital.

Once I got in I talked to her about the referral. She knows my OB very well and didn't question my request for one, and didn't even ask any questions. 

Then I asked her about my heartburn, just expecting her to prescribe some type of acid reflux medication. She asked me a bunch of questions and prescribed a medicine, but then also mentioned that it might be a gallbladder problem.

Apparently, I'm just falling apart. I'm supposed to take the meds for a few weeks and if I am still having problems she wants to do an ultrasound to see if everything is OK with my gallbladder.

Seriously, is there any reason that my body hates me this year?

Also, DH has been a bear for the last couple of days. He is apparently freaking out about the SA results and instead of talking about it, he is cranky and sulky. We were talking on the way to the hospital and I swear his feelings could have come straight from my head. I told him that even though I wouldn't wish that kind of overthinking on ANYONE, it was nice to know that he REALLY understood now what my mind has been like for the last 11 months.

We should have the results within a few days, and my PCP said she could get me the referral in a few days as well. We are moving forward! YEAY!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get good results all around. I had issues with reflux as well. I went for an ultrasound of my galbladder and they did find one tiny stone and put me on med's that made me feel worse. I eventually came off of them and found that it was IBS and I could control it by eating and they just found the tiny stone as a side note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for the SA results was so never wracking for us! I will be praying for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the whole approach to a SA is so awkward....keep this in mind...if the numbers for the SA don't come back great, don't panic. The stress and awkwardness can wreak havoc on the boys. DH did a SA recently (did one last year so this is a year later) and his numbers were much higher...probably because he knew what to expect and it was not as akward. Here's hoping to good results.

    ReplyDelete